More and more people are finally realizing that eating a healthy, organic diet proves to be incredibly beneficial to their health, the health of their loved ones, and their pets’ health as well. As adults, most people strive to make sure they feed their families high quality food products however; they fail to understand that their pets need to eat a better diet than those found in the pet aisle at their local grocery stores. Sure, all pet food labels say things like “100% nutritionally complete”, “complete and balanced diet” or “human grade ingredients”.
The truth is that most traditional commercial pet foods are garbage. Pet foods are listed as complete because there are vitamin and mineral supplements added to the “food”. Many pet foods contain something called “animal by-products” Basically; these are animal parts such as spinal cords, cow brains and the like. The animals used can be one of the 4Ds, according to the government. The 4Ds are dead, dying, diseased or disabled. Personally, I won’t feed my dogs from sick or pre-deceased animals. It simply can’t be good for them. Besides, making homemade organic pet food is really easy, and you will see a huge difference in your pets’ health.
Yummy Chicken Stew
You will need:
- 1 lb. organic chicken cut for stir fry
- 4 organic carrots, sliced
- 2 stalks of organic celery, sliced
- ½ cup organic broccoli, chopped
- ½ cup fresh organic peas
- 1 large organic sweet potato, cubes with skin on
- 2 cups organic chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon of organic whole wheat flour
- Organic extra virgin olive oil
- Step by step directions:
- Drizzle the extra virgin olive oil into a large, heavy skillet.
- Add the chicken and cook on high heat until it starts to turn brown.
- Lower the heat to medium and remove the chicken from the skillet.
- Put the flour in the skillet, consistently moving it around for about 2 minutes. It will begin to form somewhat of a ball.
- Quickly add the chicken stock and mix it into the flour.
- Add the carrots, celery, broccoli, peas and sweet potatoes.
- Cover the skillet and allow it to cook for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Remove the lid and add the cooked chicken. Cook uncovered on low for another 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once all of the veggies are nice and tender, remove the skillet from the heat and allow it to cool completely.
- After the food has been brought to room temperature, you can give your pets their dinner. They will surely find it absolutely delicious. Feel free to get yourself a bowl because the Chicken Stew is not only yummy but healthy for humans too.
- After your pooch or kitty has enjoyed the meal, remember to bring him outside to use the bathroom. Keep him on a leash unless there is a secure containment system such as an in ground dog fence. If you don’t have a containment system, you might want to consider installing invisible fence to protect your pets. It’s a whole lot better than standing outside in the weather waiting for them to go to the bathroom.
- Once you get back inside, offer the pet some dessert. Fresh organic blueberries or cantaloupe chucks will be the perfect end to such a wonderful meal.