Here’s some great ideas to get for the prepper in your home – some of the gifts are high end, others are much less expensive. There’s a few stocking stuffer ideas in there too.
Excalibur Dehydrator – I bought one this year and I love it. I used it for making apple chips and they turned out fantastic. Jaime and I made quite a bit of Rhubarb fruit leather too. The Excalibur is a quality machine; it’s simply the best dehydrator on the market. I had wanted one for years and this year I finally ordered one and I’m so glad I did. Next year I’ll be drying more of our vegetables for long term storage.
I’ve got the 9 tray unit with the timer. I love it and we fill it every time we use it. One note: I notice they are selling clear doors for their units, that cost a bit more. I wouldn’t bother getting it; I would never go by just looking in there to see if the foods were dry. I would be in there bending and tasting, so the solid door is working just fine for me. I would definitely spend more to get one with a timer; I appreciate that every time I use it!
Leatherman – This Leatherman Wingman Multi Tool is great to have in your jeans. No matter what kind of chore you might need to do on the property, you can probably use this one. Made of stainless steel, it will last forever and comes with all of these features:
420HC Combo Knife, Spring-action Regular Pliers, Spring-action Needlenose Pliers, Spring-action Wire Cutters
- Wire Stripper, Small Screwdriver, Medium Screwdriver, Phillips Screwdriver,
- Spring-action scissors
- Wood/Metal File, Bottle Opener, Can Opener
These are a great stocking stuffer and teenage boys LOVE them! Priced just under $30.00 and worth every darn penny.
Lodge Cookware is fantastic. Made in the USA (that’s important!) it is so durable it will outlast YOU. This 5 quart, Pre-Seasoned Cast-Iron Dutch Oven with Dual Handles will work great on your wood cookstove, your flat topped woodstove or your campfire. It’s big, so get a delicious pot of soup going and invite some friends over to share. Stew and dumplings cooked on a woodstove in the winter – that just can’t be beat. Comes with a lifetime limited warranty against defects, and when cared for properly, this virtually indestructible pan should last for generations. It’s 40% off right now, which is a great deal. Even if you pay the original price of close to $60, this Dutch Oven is well worth it.
Ambient Weather Emergency Solar HandCrank AM/FM/NOAA Weather Radio, Flashlight, Phone Charger, Weather Alert, Siren These are so handy to have whether there is a power outage, you are camping or you live off grid. Here’s the details:
The compact-sized WR-112 includes all of the features of the popular WR-111B plus an emergency siren, SOS flashing light, power outage flashing beacon and improved charging circuit.
- A must for any emergency toolkit, Bug Out Bag, or just hanging out at the beach, the ADVENTURER combines multiple emergency features into one compact package.
- The WR-112 is a Digital AM/FM NOAA Weather Alert Radio, a powerful 3 LED flashlight, and cell phone, MP3, MP4, Amazon Kindle, Apple Ipod, Ipad, IPhone and USB charger, all in one portable package.
- The ADVENTURER is a five way charger – charge from a USB device (computer), AC or wall power (with optional converter), DC or car charger (with optional converter), hand crank, or solar panel.
- With the ADVENTURER, you can fully charge the WR-112 through the USB/AC/DC adaptor. You can charge the cell phone/mp3/mp4/USB with no cranking. Other crank chargers require continuous hand cranking to charge a device.
LifeStraw Personal Water Filter Perfect for when you need to be sure you are drinking CLEAN water! Makes a great stocking stuff or a gift for hikers and preppers. It’s less than $20 and is a valuable addition to your homesteading supplies.
Having emergency supplies on hand is a good idea for everyone. Don’t count on others or on your government to help you when disaster strikes. Count on yourself and it will add a feeling of security, knowing you can take care of yourself and your family.