This post contains affiliate links. If you buy through these links, I may earn a small commission.
Ever wonder about getting some geese? Here’s something you will want to read – there is a giveaway going on right now! And, you can win some geese! And a just released book – The Modern Homesteader’s Guide to Keeping Geese – stuffed full of information about geese! And a coop heater! And a gift card! Take a look…
While chickens preen in the spotlight, geese are the historic unsung heroes of small farms and homesteads. Providing weed control, large eggs, and entertainment, and acting as “security” over other animals, geese are the ultimate modern homesteading companion.
The Modern Homesteader’s Guide to Keeping Geese covers everything you need to know to raise geese, including:
- Profiles of breeds and how to select the best one for your needs
- How to “imprint” goslings on a person
- Feeding, housing, animal health, and cold weather care
- Using geese for weed control, soil improvement, and as “watch-geese”
- Cooking with goose eggs and meat
Additional coverage includes a look at the rich history of geese on farms in North America and Europe that will enhance any goose keeper’s enjoyment of these intelligent and unique birds.
This practical guide is a must-have essential for the kitchen table of homesteaders, small farmers, permaculturists, and professional farmers looking to add the power of geese to their land.
The Keeping Geese Prize Package: Valued at Over $200!
- Your own copy of The Modern Homesteader’s Guide to Keeping Geese by Kirsten Lie-Nielsen ($19.99 value)
- 8 White Chinese Geese from Hoover’s Hatchery ($91.20 value) Chinese geese are a more talkative breed of geese. They make very good watchdogs. They will alert you of any intruders or strangers on your property. Because of their smaller size they are good “weeders”, they love to eat grass
- 1 Cozy Coop Heating Tile from Cozy Products – Flat-panel poultry coop heater keeps birds warm and prevents frostbite during cold months using both radiant & convection heat (value $69.99)
- One $20 Gift Card to Tractor Supply or Atwoods for Starter Feed – Winner’s Choice
Want to get in on the giveaway? Sure you do!
The giveaway will run November 25, 2017 starting at midnight, to December 9, 2017 ending at 11:59pm. (PT)
Content open to US residents only, 18 years of age and older. Winners will have 3 business days to respond before a back up winner is selected
Brought to you through Homestead Bloggers